Wednesday, January 1, 2014

4 weeks - Pregnant!!

In early September, the Chandler family went to Dillon beach with the cousins. We all had a great time watching my super adorable niece Mikayla, playing "celebrity," doing puzzles and even playing dachshund-opoly! After dinner one night, my cousin John announced that his wife Becca was pregnant. Holy shit! There's going to be more babies!! Since we all LOVE little Mikayla, we were all beyond thrilled. There is too much competition for Mikayla's attention so we really needed to add some new kiddos to share the love.

The next day I returned to work and about half way through the day I started thinking… something's a little late… isn't it? Boris and I were hoping to start a family too, so I completely distracted myself when I realized I could be pregnant too. I left work early and took a home pregnancy test. Two little lines appeared instantly. Holy crap! I took a second one just to be sure… and sure enough, preggers!

Sadly, leaving early that day meant that I had to wait HOURS before Boris got home from work. It was the longest few hours ever! But I didn't want to share the big news on the phone or online, so I waited. To reveal the news, I bought a "Baby on Board" sticker to give to Boris. He always made fun of them and I told him when we had kids I would make him put one in his car. He opened the gift that night and didn't get it right away… and then figured it out by looking at my "holy shit" face. Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment